Barre Housing Authority

Frequently Asked Questions

When is my rent due?

Rent is due by the first of every month. If you pay via direct payment, this money is taken from either your checking or savings account on the 5th of each month. If rent is paid later then the 10th, then a $10 late rent fee will be assessed.

Tenant Balance Lookup

Where do I pay my rent?

Rent can be paid at, or mailed to, Barre Housing Authority's main office at: 30 Washington Street, Suite 1, Barre VT 05641. Rent can also be taken at our off site office locations; Green Acres or North Barre Manor.

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is to be paid by check or money order, and we also accept cash. For those tenants that prefer automatic payment, we can set up an automatic ACH deduction. This is done by signing a document with BHA to allow funds to be taken from either your checking or savings account (please contact the office to discuss this and get the necessary forms). The money is withdrawn on the 5th of every month.

What do I do if I have changes in my family or income?

Changes in family composition and/or income are required to be reported, in writing, within ten (10) working days. Failure to report changes may result in adverse action being taken.

What do I do if something in my home needs to be repaired?

Call Barre Housing Authority's main office at 476-3185 to request a maintenance work order. Be prepared to give your name, address, apartment number, and a complete list of items needing repair. Routine maintenance repairs are usually completed within three (3) business days.

What do I do if I have a maintenance emergency after hours?

Call Barre Housing Authority. The after-hours maintenance emergency number is also 476-3185. Please be patient as your call is routed through our telephone answering service, they, in-turn, direct the call to the on-call maintenance technician.